- 1,5 cups of all-purpose whole grain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 vegan egg (1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1.25 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Zest of one orange, optional
- 1 batch of blueberry compote, optional
- Mix the milk and vinegar, set aside.
- Prepare the egg substitute and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry ones until combined and the batter is a pourable consistency. If it’s too thick, add more unsweetened non-dairy milk.
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle.
- Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup or blueberry compote.
Tip: these can be made gluten-free by substituting the flour with all-purpose gluten-free flour.