- 1 whole-wheat pizza dough
- 15oz can of crushed plum tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives (optional)
- 1-2 cups of vegan shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of vegan parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 basil leaves or 2 cups of fresh arugula
- Make one whole-wheat pizza dough using the recipe above.
- In a pot, add one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a pan, heat one tablespoon of oil and sauté onion, peppers and mushrooms. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Spread out the sauce evenly and place sautéed veggies on top. Add olives and vegan cheese, spreading evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with basil leaves or arugula.
Tip: For an oil-free option, use water or vegetable stock to sauté vegetables.