- 450g non-GMO medium-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of black salt/Kala Namak
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of a light vegetable oil
- 2-3 strands of sliced green onion (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine spices and vegetable stock. Set aside.
- Remove tofu from package. Drain, rinse and dry gently with a paper towel. Crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and spices. Mix well.
- Cook for approximately 8 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and tofu begins to stick.
- Top with green onions and serve with wholegrain toast, tomato or avocado for a protein-rich breakfast.
Tip: For an oil free option, use water or vegetable stock to sauté onion.