- 1/2 cup of steel-cut oats or large flaked oats
- 1 cup of water or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 10 almonds, chopped
- 10 walnut halves, chopped
- 2 dates, cubed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of granola (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the water and pinch of salt to a boil.
- Add oats and cook until tender, approximately 7-8 minutes. If you’re using the large flaked oats, reduce the cooking time accordingly.
- While the oats are cooking, separate the cubed apple, nuts, dates and hemp seeds into two bowls.
- Once oats are ready, divide evenly into the bowls. If it’s too thick, you can add a bit of the unsweetened non-dairy milk.
Tip: You can substitute the apple and nuts according to your preference.