Makes: 2 cups
- 1 cups of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of peeled carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 6 slices of jalapeno peppers in juice
- 3 tablespoons of jalapeno juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste or 1/4 diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste
- Cook the potatoes and carrots until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes and retain water if using.
- Once cooked, place in a high-speed blender and add all other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and pourable. If it’s too thick, continue to add stock or warm water.
- Pour over nachos or steamed veggies and enjoy!
Tip: for a creamier version, add 1/4 cup of cashews and adjust the liquid accordingly to achieve a pourable consistency. It can also be made non-spicy by omitting jalapeno peppers and juice.