- 1 large cauliflower, separated into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (see tip)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup of water or beer
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 4 springs of green onions, sliced
- 3/4 to 1 cup of smokey vegan BBQ sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, water and spices to make a batter. If the mixture is too thick, add more water one tablespoon at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and oil.
- Add cauliflower to the batter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until well coated, then dip each floret into the breadcrumbs one at a time. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. While baking, prepare the sauce in a large bowl.
- Remove wings from the oven and add to the sauce. Using a wooden spoon, mix gently until all pieces are well coated.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Serve with vegan ranch.
Tip: for crispier wings substitute all purpose flour with rice flour.