Makes: approximately 2 cups
- 2 pounds or approximately 7.5 cups of fresh ripe whole strawberries, washed and cored
- 1/2 cup of date sugar or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, toss all ingredients until well coated.
- Add all ingredients to a shallow ovenproof glass baking dish.
- Bake for approximately two hours or until the consistency reaches that of a jam, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and store in mason jars. This will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Enjoy on toast, pancakes or vegan ice cream/yogurt. You can also use it as a filling in desserts.
Tip: cooking time will vary depending on the water content of the strawberries.