- 3 flax eggs (3 Tablespoons ground flax and 9 Tablespoons of water)
- 1/4 cup of avocado or melted coconut oil (see tip for an oil-free option)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of date paste, maple syrup or brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1.25 cups of non-dairy unsweetened milk
- 1.5 cups of loosely packed grated carrot
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 1.5 cups of whole-grain flour
- 3/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of raisins or currants
- 1 batch of aquafaba whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F, grease and flour a 9″ springform pan.
- In a large bowl, make the flax eggs by mixing the flax and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oil (if using), applesauce, date paste, maple syrup or brown sugar and stir well.
- Continue adding the remaining ingredients and stir well. The batter should be thick but pourable. If too thick, add more non-dairy milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Pour onto greased pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool and enjoy on its own or with vegan vanilla ice cream or vegan whipped cream.
Tip: for oil-free, replace oil with tahini, almond butter or apple sauce. Also, it can be made gluten-free by replacing flour with oat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour.