Makes: 2 cups
- 1/3 cup of raw sunflower seeds, de-shelled
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of flaked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2.5 cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of jalapeno juice (optional)
- In a high-speed blender add all ingredients except the last three.
- Once you’ve obtained a flour like consistency, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a pot and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes stirring often as it begins to thicken.
- Keep stirring until mixture is of a cheezy, thick consistency.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Great on veggies, pasta or nachos.