Serves: 8 – 10
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons of date paste or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of cold vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of ground flax and 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 (796ml) can of E.D. Smith pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup of cashew milk (or any nut milk)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of date or brown sugar
- 2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, make a flax egg and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the pecans and almonds and process them into a meal.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse to achieve a coarse meal.
- Turn onto a pie dish and press down all the way around to cover the bottom and sides of the dish evenly.
- Using a fork, poke holes to the bottom of the crust, bake for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining pie filling ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the pie cracks.
- Serve with vegan ice-cream or vegan whip cream.