- 2 large or 3 medium-sized avocados
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add onions, lime juice and one teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and add to the onion bowl.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the avocado with onions until you achieve desired consistency. I like it chunky, so I don’t mash it too much.
- Add cilantro, tomato and hot sauce if using and mix well. Check for salt and adjust if needed.
- Serve with nacho chips or fresh vegetables.
Tip: Save a pit and leave it in the guacamole when storing to prevent it from browning too quickly. Trust me, it works!