Makes: 5 cups
- 3 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Oat Old Fashioned Organic or your choice of large flake oats.
- 1 cup of raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup of raw cashews or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted (see tip for oil-free)
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 cup of currants, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond, cashews or walnuts, ground flaxseed, coconut flakes, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
- Spread a layer of granola mixture on the lined baking sheet, distributing evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of your oven and cook for 45 minutes, stirring the mixture every 10-15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool. When the granola has cooled, you can add the currants.
- Enjoy on top of non-dairy yogurt or your morning oats.
Tip: for an oil-free version use apple sauce in place of coconut oil