- 2 cups of frozen organic edamame, shelled or not. It’s also available in microwaveable packets.
- 1 large garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- To steam edamame, bring a large pot of water to a boil (if you purchased the microwave version, prepare per package instructions).
- While you wait for the water to boil, combine the garlic, sesame or olive oil, sea salt and chilli in a bowl. Mix well.
- When the water has come to a boil, add the edamame to a steamer basket and steam for 2-3 minutes. Frozen edamame is pre-cooked, so you just need to reheat it.
- Toss the edamame in the seasoning to coat well. Do this while it’s hot to soak up all the flavours.
- Serve warm, room temperature or even cold. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.