- 3 medium and very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax + 3 tablespoons of water. Whisk together and let set for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of wholegrain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients except the non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Add the non-dairy chocolate chips and stir through.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Check readiness by inserting a butter knife in the centre. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
Tip: This can be made gluten-free by replacing the all-purpose flour with gluten-free and the wholegrain flour with almond.
For an oil-free option, use equal parts of unsweetened apple sauce.