Serves: 6 – 8
- 946ml of vegetable broth
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large pear, cubed
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds to garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, sweat onions, garlic and ginger until onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil—lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blitz until smooth.
- Serve and top with pumpkin seeds.
Tip: can also be made with pumpkin or acorn squash.