This is a great workout for when you need to exercise at home or in your hotel room while on vacation.
- Timer App – I use Intervals Pro, its free and very simple to use.
- Yoga mat – optional
Set the app for 20s, 30s, 40s, then back down (40s, 30s, 20s) for each exercise with a 10 second rest period in between.
Inch worm – hits core, shoulders and arms
- Stand with feet hip width apart
- Hinge from your hips and walk your hands out as far as you can go
- Hold the plank for a second
- Step your hands back to your toes and repeat
Squat to Lunge – hits legs and booty
- Stand with feet hip width apart and ensure your knees never go over your toes as you lower into your squat and come back up
- Lunge back with your right leg, then lunge back with your left
- Repeat squat/lunge sequence
Plank and Roll – hits full body
- Plank actively lifting body off the floor by spreading fingers out and pressing the floor away from you with your hands
- Keeping shoulders over wrists, roll back and forth, holding for a few seconds each way
- If this is too difficult, move down onto your elbows
Crab Walks – hits the outer hips
- Sit back into a squat, ensuring weight is in your heels and knees are behind your toes
- Walk sideways one way for the first half and the other way for the second half