- 1 can of black beans (400g)
- 1 can of corn (200g)
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lemon/lime
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 avocado sliced, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop red onion and place in a bowl with lemon/lime juice. Add a pinch of salt and let stand.
- Chop red pepper and cilantro.
- Drain and rinse beans and corn.
- Mix all ingredients into onion mixture and add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: For added flavour grill a corn on the cob instead of canned corn.