- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 cups of mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of baby spinach (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of olive or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 slices of wholegrain bread
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and garlic and cook until onions become translucent (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, then add salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms are ready, turn off the heat and add the baby spinach (if using). Fold the spinach into the mixture to incorporate.
- Toast the bread and slice the avocado into wedges.
- Cover the toast with avocado, sprinkle with hemp seeds and add the mushroom mixture.
Tip: For an oil-free option, use water or vegetable stock to sauté the onions and garlic. I also like to rub garlic on my toast for an extra kick!