Makes: 4 cups
- 1 cup of almonds, soaked overnight
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 pitted Medjool dates or 1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup (optional)
- Nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- Rinse the almonds thoroughly and add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute until combined.
- Balance a strainer on top of a mixing bowl and place a piece of cheesecloth on top. Alternatively, you can use a clean tea towel or J-cloth.
- Pour the blended mixture onto the cheesecloth and pick up the edges to close it tightly. Squeeze the pulp inside the cheesecloth until no more liquid comes out.
- Transfer the almond milk from the mixing bowl to an airtight glass bottle or jar.
- Store in the fridge and use within 4-5 days. The milk will split, so make sure you shake well before use.
Tip: you can use the pulp to bake muffins or cakes!