- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Peel and cube sweet potato.
- In a medium-size pot, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes from water and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mash with a potato masher, add salt, and flour half a cup at a time to form a ball of dough.
- Transfer on to a floured surface and cut the ball into eight pieces. Take each piece and, with your hands, roll it out to form a long 1-inch thick tube.
- Cut dough into 1-inch pieces, and with a fork, gently make indentations on each piece, then place onto a floured cookie sheet or surface until you have used up all the dough.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add a third of the gnocchi to the boiling water and wait till they come to the surface.
- Remove from water and add to the sauce of your choice.
Tip: for gluten free option use any gluten free flour of your choice.